Students are invited to submit posters for the Intermountain Sustainability Summit’s Student Poster Session. Students whose posters are chosen to be displayed will receive free admission on March 1st, and be entered to win $50 visa gift cards.
Submit a digital copy and an abstract (250 maximum) of your poster by Monday, February 5, 2018. Posters may be submitted starting in December. Look for a form that will be located at the bottom of this page. Sign up here to get notifications about posting.
Posters must be based on a student project for a class, or internship that relates to sustainability, and include the name of a project mentor or adviser. See rubric for more category examples. Poster categories include:
- Sustainability Research (Undergraduate & Graduate)
- Green Design (e.g., architectural, landscape, engineering/technology)
- Sustainability Education & Community Engagement
- Sustainability in Action (e.g., program, policy, advocacy successes)
- Sustainability in Creative Arts & Humanities
Poster prize categories may change to reflect the range of poster submissions. Final categories will be determined after all submissions are received to ensure posters are grouped with similar poster genres.
Four category prizes will be awarded, as well as one Peoples’ Choice Award. Posters will be judged by an expert panel based on the rubric to determine the category prize winners, and conference attendees will vote to determine the Peoples’ Choice Award winner.
Posters will be on display from Thursday, March 1st from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm. Students are not required to attend to their posters during the entire conference, but are encouraged to do so during the scheduled Expo Hall timeframes.
- Posters may be no larger than 4ft x 3ft
- Posters will be mounted to easels with push pins
- Posters must be prepared as a single poster. Printed electronic posters are preferred.
- Poster Session schedule and set up:
- Send your poster to Summit organizers, or bring for set up at 7:30 am on Thursday, March 1st
- Poster session is open from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm March 1st.
- Take down by presenters is no later than 5:00 pm.
- Posters not removed by 5:30 pm will be reused, or recycled
Check back in December through February 5th, 2018 to submit your proposal.